Political News Wire... » Page 2
- Washington Free Beacon 2h By Mary Lou ByrdA non-profit foundation that advocates for civil liberties on college campuses is urging Texas Christian University to reverse penalties and sanctions applied to a student after objections were made to content he had posted on Twitter and Facebook. Harry…
- National Journal 2h By Nora Kelly and Matt…13 ptsThe Republican candidate has spent months wooing California tech. He's now seeing some payoff.
- Washington Free Beacon 2h By Alana GoodmanMore Americans want Congress to vote down the Iran nuclear deal than to approve it, according to two new polls released this week. Fifty-two percent of Americans polled by CNN/ORC said Congress should reject the agreement, while 44 percent said it should be…
- Washington Times 2h By Washington TimesPHILADELPHIA (AP) - The latest developments surrounding the indictment of U.S. Rep. Chaka Fattah (all times local): 3:45 p.m. The racketeering indictment against U.S. Rep. Chaka Fattah (SHAH'-kah fa-TAH') accuses his wife of helping hide an alleged $18,000…
- Reuters 2h By Reuters8 pts(Reuters) - A top New Jersey Democrat wants the federal government to create a low-interest loan program to rescue states with big public pension problems.
- ThinkProgress 2h By Tara Culp-Ressler7 ptsAlabama officials are currently seeking to prevent a pregnant prison inmate from obtaining a legal abortion by stripping her of her parental rights, in a case where a lawyer has been appointed to represent the interests of her fetus. An unnamed woman, who is…
- Washington Free Beacon 2h By Stephen Gutowski8 ptsPresident Obama threatened to veto the Veterans Affairs Accountability Act in a statement on Wednesday. The President called the bill “counterproductive” and said it would create “a disparity in the treatment of one group of career civil servants.”…
- Washington Free Beacon 2h By Stephen Gutowski8 ptsNetwork news coverage has dedicated more time to the killing of Cecil the lion than undercover videos showing Planned Parenthood executives negotiating the sale of organs collected from aborted babies, according to a report published today. The report, from…
- New York Times 2h By HELENE COOPER8 ptsGen. Martin E. Dempsey, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, told a Senate committee that the diplomatic approach to relieving the risk of a nuclear conflict was the right one.
- Mother Jones 2h By Allie Gross12 ptsThe grief-stricken family of Samuel DuBose, a 43-year-old black man who was shot and killed by University of Cincinnati police officer Ray Tensing during a July 19 traffic stop, held an emotional press conference Tuesday following the county prosecutor's…
'Respectable' Journalism is Slipping: Atlantic Writer Thinks Religious Believers Belong in StraitjacketsNational Review 2h By David French43 ptsJeffrey Tayler is a respected journalist -- an author of multiple books, a contributing editor at The Atlantic, and a frequent commentator on NPR's venerable All Things Considered. Review his Atlantic author page, and you'll see a collection of sober-minded,…
- The Guardian 2h By Associated Press in…12 ptsAlprentiss Nash, who was convicted of murder in 1995 and released in 2012 after DNA tests proved his innocence, was fatally shot Tuesday after an argument A Chicago man who served 17 years in prison for murder before being cleared of the crime has been shot…
- Hot Air 2h By Jazz Shaw17 ptsInexcusable This is one of the tougher stories to cover when it comes to police shootings and it hits the Hot Air news desk after University of Cincinnati Police Officer Raymond Tensing was indicted on murder charges this afternoon in the death of motorist…
- RedState 2h By …12 ptsI posted earlier today on the reluctance of the GOP to stand for much of anything other than perpetuating itself. Every once in a while there is a spark of hope in the darkness that keeps we base voters plodding forward. When one of those happens, it is only…
Marco Rubio: 'Look at all this outrage over a dead loin' instead of 'planned parenthood dead babies'Daily Kos 2h By Daily Kos10 ptsDelete your account. Look at all this outrage over a dead lion, but where is all the outrage over the planned parenthood dead babies. — Marco Rubio (@marcorubio) July 29, 2015 I swear the Republican presidential field is getting dumber by the day. It's…
- The Atlantic 2h By Olga Khazan8 ptsFollowing the release a series of pro-life sting videos targeting Planned Parenthood, Republican senators are threatening to defund the family-planning provider. A vote on their bill to strip Planned Parenthood of federal funding—which accounts for 40…
- ABC News 2h By ABC News24 pts???His life has spiraled out of control,??? said Rosen???s attorney.
- National Journal 2h By Caitlin Owens and Dylan…20 ptsIf a vote fails next week, as expected, the GOP plans to to keep bringing the defunding measures to the floor.
- Talking Points Memo 2h By Caitlin Cruz10 ptsThe Guardian US staff voted unanimously Wednesday to unionize under the News Media Guild, adding to the growing number of online media companies joining organized labor, the Huffington Post reported. Read More →
- Washington Free Beacon 2h By Ali Meyer10 ptsMexican drug cartels are smuggling terrorists across the border and using the city of El Paso, Texas, as a gateway to plan an attack on the United States from within, according to new documentary produced by TheBlaze TV. The Sun City Cell looks at how…
- New York Times 2h By NICHOLAS FANDOS8 ptsMike Huckabee extended a hand to an unlikely audience on Wednesday: the leaders of the American Federation of Labor and Congress of Industrial Organizations, the umbrella organization of the labor movement.
- The Guardian 2h By Caty Enders in New York18 ptsThe Democratic frontrunner’s solar proposal has major holes if she hopes to halt global warming. What would a real climate-change candidate look like? Hillary Clinton’s pledge on Sunday to support renewable energy and boost subsidies for solar panels was…
- Washington Free Beacon 2h By Daniel Bassali21 ptsSince becoming a presidential candidate again, Hillary Clinton has been playing dodgeball with the press and with the “everyday Americans” asking her simple questions. Clinton has kept the press at an arm’s length, and has been overwhelmed with…
- Townhall 2h By Daniel Davis13 ptsJonathan Pollard, a man arrested in 1985 for spying on the U.S. for Israel, will be released on parole in November after 30 years in prison....
- Townhall 2h By Matt Vespa15 ptsSenate Democrats eager to expand background checks are reaching out directly to those vendors since their bills that chip away at Second Amendment...
- FOX News 2h By FOX News16 ptsHouse Speaker John Boehner on Wednesday downplayed an insurgent Republican's surprise bid to oust him, calling it "no big deal."
- Washington Free Beacon 2h By Morgan Chalfant14 ptsAn Islamic State recruitment document deemed likely authentic by multiple U.S. intelligence officials suggests that IS (also known as ISIL or ISIS) has designs to build a terrorist army in Afghanistan and Pakistan and cause a war in India to incite…
- Washington Times 2h By The Associated Press5 ptsRecent editorials from Kentucky newspapers: ___ July 27 Herald-Leader, Lexington, Kentucky, on sexual harassment suits: Kentucky is at least $400,000 poorer and none the wiser after settling sexual harassment and hostile workplace lawsuits against members of…
- The Guardian 2h By Associated Press in…14 pts15-year-old boy faces charges including murder and kidnapping after Madyson Middleton went missing Sunday from a courtyard at the complex Prosecutors said Wednesday they have charged a 15-year-old boy as an adult in the death of an eight-year-old girl in an…
- Washington Times 2h By CURT ANDERSON5 ptsMIAMI (AP) - A divided appeals court on Wednesday upheld the murder conviction of a former FBI agent in the 1982 slaying of a Florida gambling executive in a case connected to imprisoned New England mob boss James "Whitey" Bulger. The full 3rd District Court…
- New York Times 2h By FIRST DRAFT7 ptsFormer Gov. Rick Perry of Texas criticized Hillary Rodham Clinton’s economic agenda on Wednesday and urged replacing the Dodd-Frank financial regulation bill.
- National Review 2h By Joel Gehrke15 ptsHouse Speaker John Boehner (R., Ohio) dismissed a rank-and-file lawmaker’s attempt to strip him of his gavel as an inconsequential maneuver Wednesday.Representative Mark Meadows (R., N.C.), who temporarily lost a subcommittee chairmanship for voting against…
- National Review 2h By Katherine Timpf13 ptsFeminist organization Collective Shout is campaigning to get 24-year-old rapper Tyler the Creator banned from Australia on the grounds that his lyrics and fans are misogynistic and that makes him too dangerous.“The messages propogated [sic] in these lyrics…
- Talking Points Memo 2h By Caitlin MacNeal55 ptsThe Drudge Report on Wednesday pondered whether Pope Francis, who has recently fallen out of favor with some conservatives, is actually the "antichrist," noting that the pope's "stand on homosexuality, Islam, capitalism, and the New World Order" fuel chatter.…
- The Guardian 2h By Editorial14 ptsWhether the issue is migration, markets or EU membership, British ministers will get the best results in Europe by making alliances When a politician has a reputation for calculation, everything they say or do is seen through that prism. The tale may be…
- Washington Times 2h By S.A. MillerHouse Speaker John A. Boehner on Wednesday shrugged off the motion filed by a conservative lawmaker to oust him from his leadership post, saying he would not bring it up for a vote before Congress adjourns for its August recess. "It isn't even deserving of a…
- National Review 3h By Kathryn Jean Lopez20 ptsI was just making a haphazard attempt at cleaning my inbox when this came in from the Center for Reproductive Rights, signed by the “Vice President, U.S. Policy & Advocacy” there: When I was 16, my boyfriend and I had unprotected sex for the first time. I…
- The Guardian 3h By Letters11 ptsA year ago, Northampton borough council and the Marquis of Northampton sold, for a record price, a highlight of the Northampton Museum: the 4,500-year-old statue of Sekhemka (Why should art be free? It’s not the NHS, 24 July). This unusual joint sale and…
- National Review 3h By National Review22 ptsThe biggest news story of the day deals with the cruel killing of a lion in Zimbabwe. Cecil was lured out of a sanctuary and shot with an arrow, taking 40 hours to die.This was a terribly wrong action that violated a core tenet of human exceptionalism, not…
CHARLES HURT: Obama holds trump card in Democratic primary Washington Times 90
House conservative seeks Boehner's ouster Politico 89
The Senate Will Use Reconciliation to Repeal Obamacare AND… Something. National Journal 89
A Dream Undone New York Times 75
Kerry: The Iran Deal "May" Lead to US Deaths Townhall 74
Mark Meadows Tries to Boot Boehner From Speakership National Journal 66
Dempsey: Obama Presenting False Choice Between Deal and War Washington Free Beacon 63
- ABC News
- Addicting Info
- American Thinker
- CBS News
- Crooks and Liars
- Daily Kos
- Daily Mail
- Democracy Now!
- FOX News
- FrontPage Magazine
- Hot Air
- Huffington Post
- LA Times
- Little Green Footballs
- Media Matters
- Michelle Malkin
- Mother Jones
- National Journal
- National Review
- NBC News
- New York Times
- NY Post
- PJ Media
- Talking Points Memo
- The Atlantic
- The Blaze
- The Daily Caller
- The Gateway Pundit
- The Guardian
- The Intercept
- The Nation
- The New Republic
- Washington Free Beacon
- Washington Post
- Washington Times